Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Number permutations

Hi ppl, (first post so forgive obvious mistakes)

I am after the code, formula (not sure what it's called) to be able to
for example put in cell 1 a number in cell 2 the number of permutations
that will make up within a given field. Confusing? yes I thought so. I
want it for a betting sheet.

So for example a 'yankee' which is 11 bets consisting of six doubles, 4
trebles and 1 accumulator.

This is simple enough to do but when you get to a bet called a
'goliath' which consists of 247 bets: 28 doubles, 56 trebles, 70
four-fold, 56 five-fold, 28 six-fold, 8 seven-fold and 1 eight-fold.

Now you may see it would really be very easy to make a mistake with so
many bets.

So I need ther formula, or better if one is already out there could
someone point it out to me, I would be grateful.

Hope I have made myself clear, I know what I want , I am just not sure
I have explained it properly.

Cassian

--
cassian
cassian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37245

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:22:16 +0100, cassian
wrote:

[...]

Spot on there.

I don't bet - so with a *yankee*
What would you put in cell 1, and would you expect 11 in cell 2 ?

--
Steve (3)