Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
dk dk is offline

Default Vlookup ref!

We are doing a vlookup for a date cell in both workbook which is in column D
this is the formula
=VLOOKUP(B10,'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My
Documents\[calling_.XLS]Customers'!$A$4:$I$58,4,FALSE)
but we are getting a #REF!
both are date fields also it is in row 30 column d?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Did you type that reference in? If so then open up both workbooks, tile them
so you can see them both and then use the mouse to select that range on the
calling_.xls workbook from within the formula. Close the target workbook
and it will automatically create the correct range reference for you.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"dk" wrote in message
We are doing a vlookup for a date cell in both workbook which is in column
this is the formula
=VLOOKUP(B10,'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My
Documents\[calling_.XLS]Customers'!$A$4:$I$58,4,FALSE)
but we are getting a #REF!
both are date fields also it is in row 30 column d?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
dk dk is offline

something is not working it will not input selected range