Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Copying information from one cell to another without modifying it.

Please tell me how to stop Excel from Adding 1 to my data when I copy it from
the first cell in a column to the rest of the cells in the same column. For
example, when I key WC123 and try to drag & copy this value to the cells
below, the result is WC124, WC125, etc..

Thanks.

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Ken try pressing the Ctrl key while you drag & copy
;)

--
ferg
ferg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36519

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Works Great! Can't believe I was so brain-dead today that I forgot how to do
it.

Thank Ferg!!
--
akkrug

"akkrug" wrote:

Please tell me how to stop Excel from Adding 1 to my data when I copy it from
the first cell in a column to the rest of the cells in the same column. For
example, when I key WC123 and try to drag & copy this value to the cells
below, the result is WC124, WC125, etc..

Thanks.

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

One more method.

Right-click and drag.

Release and select "Copy Cells"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 06:23:02 -0700, akkrug
wrote:

Please tell me how to stop Excel from Adding 1 to my data when I copy it from
the first cell in a column to the rest of the cells in the same column. For
example, when I key WC123 and try to drag & copy this value to the cells
below, the result is WC124, WC125, etc..

Thanks.

Ken K. - 2191

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Copying information from one cell to another without modifying

Also works great! Thanks Gord!!!

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug

wrote:

Please tell me how to stop Excel from Adding 1 to my data when I copy it from
the first cell in a column to the rest of the cells in the same column. For
example, when I key WC123 and try to drag & copy this value to the cells
below, the result is WC124, WC125, etc..

Thanks.

Ken K. - 2191

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I am having the same problem. What I am trying to do is when i drag and copy
cells i want one part to increase by one and keeping the other one constant.
For example (C3/B3), where the numerator will be increasing by one
(C4,C5,...) and keeping the denominator constant (B3, B3, B3,...). Instead it
all the cells want to increases by one or by some value. Copying while
hitting the Ctrl key doesn't want to work.

Can anyone help me and tell me what i am doing wrong.

"akkrug" wrote:

Please tell me how to stop Excel from Adding 1 to my data when I copy it from
the first cell in a column to the rest of the cells in the same column. For
example, when I key WC123 and try to drag & copy this value to the cells
below, the result is WC124, WC125, etc..

Thanks.

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try it like this...

=C3/B$3

The $ (dollar sign) makes the row reference absolute, meaning it will not
change as you copy.

Look in Excel help for absolute and relative referencing.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP