Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to link Subtotal results?

How do i use subtotal function results from one worksheet in another
work sheet. I am able to work out average price of raw materals brought
but would liked it automatically linked to my profit forecast and actual
sales worksheet.

Or is there an easier way for me to have stock control and sales data
linked?

--
buggu
buggu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36667

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you want to link to a cell you can just copy that cell, then do
editpaste special and select paste link

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com

"buggu" wrote in
message ...

How do i use subtotal function results from one worksheet in another
work sheet. I am able to work out average price of raw materals brought
but would liked it automatically linked to my profit forecast and actual
sales worksheet.

Or is there an easier way for me to have stock control and sales data
linked?

--
buggu
buggu's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564121

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I guess what i meant was whether there was of a way of have subtotals
automatically done. It just that i,m having to manually do the
subtotals and then manually special paste them in the other work
sheets.

Would it be best instead to have seprate worksheets for each particular
item. That way i be able to work out totals, average price paid etc
automaically using formulas. At present i simply have one work sheet
for logging all purchases.

--
buggu
buggu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36667
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564121

SUBTOTAL - TJ TJ Excel Worksheet Functions 4 March 22nd 06 06:06 PM
subtotal nesting errors new this month Greenebush Excel Worksheet Functions 4 March 17th 06 10:35 PM
subtotal a range of cells on a different worksheet cheryl Excel Worksheet Functions 0 November 2nd 05 08:37 PM
Breaking the link T New Users to Excel 1 May 4th 05 10:37 PM
How do link to a remote worksheet using the path value in a field? Michael T. Links and Linking in Excel 3 December 11th 04 08:45 AM