Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Format size of finished sheet?

An error with IE when I tried to post (hopefully this will not be a double
post)

I have created a sheet in Excel 2007 (beta) I would like to save the sheet
without the extra cells/rows etc I deleted pages 2&3 but can't remove the
extra sheet information when I only need to print and keep a compact sheet of
the data.
I have tried to copy etc but I am always presented with the full sheet - is
it possible to remove the excess on sheet 1 and only save and print the
comapct sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I am not sure I understand what you mean, the workbook will always have
approx 1mb of rows and 16k of columns,
You can clear used ranges so it doesn't print extra pages using this method

works for all excel versions

The only other way to mimic as if there is only this particular size would
be to hide all rows and columns that are not used

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com

ippin" wrote in message
An error with IE when I tried to post (hopefully this will not be a double
post)

I have created a sheet in Excel 2007 (beta) I would like to save the sheet
without the extra cells/rows etc I deleted pages 2&3 but can't remove the
extra sheet information when I only need to print and keep a compact sheet
of
the data.
I have tried to copy etc but I am always presented with the full sheet -
is
it possible to remove the excess on sheet 1 and only save and print the
comapct sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you for your reply. Apologies for my late response and the lack of
clarity when I was trying to explain.
I have bookmarked the link as this will be very useful to me as this would
help with removing extra gridlines from printing.

I am almost sure I read a way to actually remove the surplus only saving
ranges 1-xx but to date I can't find the article. I will keep looking but
appreciate the extra help you have given me. Thank you.

ippin" wrote in message
An error with IE when I tried to post (hopefully this will not be a double
post)

I have created a sheet in Excel 2007 (beta) I would like to save the sheet
without the extra cells/rows etc I deleted pages 2&3 but can't remove the
extra sheet information when I only need to print and keep a compact sheet
of
the data.
I have tried to copy etc but I am always presented with the full sheet -
is
it possible to remove the excess on sheet 1 and only save and print the
comapct sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

ippin" wrote in message
An error with IE when I tried to post (hopefully this will not be a

double
post)

I have created a sheet in Excel 2007 (beta) I would like to save the

sheet
without the extra cells/rows etc I deleted pages 2&3 but can't remove

the
extra sheet information when I only need to print and keep a compact

sheet
of
the data.
I have tried to copy etc but I am always presented with the full

sheet -
is
it possible to remove the excess on sheet 1 and only save and print

the
comapct sheet?

The real problem I suspect is that used, but now empty rows and columns
are still remembered when Excel refers to the sheet

use this macro

Sub Set_Sheet_Size()
ActiveSheet.UsedRange
End Sub

Click on the bottom-right cell of the new-sheet size (no cells to right or
below can contain data)
The run the macro.

--
Steve (3)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I would suggest you save your time and effort.

Quit looking..............you won't find a method of deleting unused rows and
columns from an Excel worksheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 05:37:02 -0700, pippin
wrote:

I am almost sure I read a way to actually remove the surplus only saving
ranges 1-xx but to date I can't find the article. I will keep looking but
appreciate the extra help you have given me. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks I tried everything suggested last night but nothing worked for me.
At least I can remove the sheets not used but will be content now with
keeping my unfilled cells.

I had to find the macro bit in 2007 as it wasn't on the ribbon by default. I
will have to learn a lot more about macros now thanks, that bit was fun.