Alex

Default Customising sheet size

Hi,
I would like to be able to customise the sheet size in Excel, so that when
anyone opens up this specific file they only see the part of the sheet I want
them to. Basically I want to eliminate all the "space" in the sheet that Im
not using. So, if Im only using rows and columns C to 4, that is all anyone
sees when they open the file.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks
FSt1

hi,
you can't really customize the columns and rows. xl is fixed at 256 columns
and 65536 rows and that's that. In xl help type the word specifications.

you can hide rows and columns that you don't want others to see then protect
the sheets but xl's security is very weak. anyone with a good working
knowlege of xl could get around this. Plus there are 3rd party software
packages(free) that can crack passwords. so use caution about what kind of
sensative data you put into xl sheets. The security is not that good.

Regards
FSt1