Amie

Default linking values from one sheet to another

I have a workbook with 2 sheets. The input sheet has dollar values for 300
objects. I link the cells from the input sheet to the chart sheet by
entering "+" in the cell on the chart sheet then going to get the amount on
the input sheet.

However, when I do a data sort on the input sheet, the values on the chart
sheet change. I need the values on the chart sheet to stay "follow" the cell
on the input sheet when I do data sorts on the input sheet.

Hope I've explained it ok.

Thanks.
Dave Peterson

I don't think you can do anything more using the method you're using.

Any chance you can put a key value in sheet2 and then use =vlookup() to retrieve
the values you want.

Debra Dalgleish has some instructions for =vlookup() and =index(match()) at:
and

--

Dave Peterson
Amie

I don't think that Vlookup will work, the table on the input page is not in
the same format as the chart page. Absolute values won't work either, I need
to be able to change both the amount in each cell on the input page as well
as be able to sort the input page in various ways. The chart page needs to
reference the original input cell no matter where it ends up as the sorts
happen.