Dave Peterson

I don't think you can do anything more using the method you're using.

Any chance you can put a key value in sheet2 and then use =vlookup() to retrieve
the values you want.

Debra Dalgleish has some instructions for =vlookup() and =index(match()) at:
and

Amie wrote:

I have a workbook with 2 sheets. The input sheet has dollar values for 300
objects. I link the cells from the input sheet to the chart sheet by
entering "+" in the cell on the chart sheet then going to get the amount on
the input sheet.

However, when I do a data sort on the input sheet, the values on the chart
sheet change. I need the values on the chart sheet to stay "follow" the cell
on the input sheet when I do data sorts on the input sheet.

Hope I've explained it ok.

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson