Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I modify expense template to fit my needs?

I need to create an expense report for a woman I occasionally work for. She
has given me her files that she wants included. Each file (office, auto,
etc.) includes the receipts/statements with totals. I want to be able to
update and add data to it each month. She does not care how I do it nor what
it looks like since she just doesn't want to deal with it at all-she just
wants to look at it when its time to pay taxes and have all the info right in
front of her.

I am very profficient with Windows (except Excel, of course) and -given the
time- could come up with something on my own- I think that it would be more
efficient if I used an expense template (or whatever template is best).

How would I then modify the template to fit my needs?

WinXP
Excel 2003

Thank You for any advice- It will be truly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Cal Thompson wrote:
[...]

first I would suggest finding a template that has most of what you want.
then post back with specific questions about how you would like to modify
it. Here are some examples. Watch for line wrap on the URL.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/re...expense+report

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This is the template I started tinkering with:

http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...&respos=1&rt=6

For each of her files, I have copied the sheet and renamed it to what file
it pertains (office, auto). Some of my files don't need to be month to
month, and some files I just need to enter totals. But I still have to go
through all the receipts to get the total. Would it be better to just go
ahead and enter each receipt total if I can figure out a way to modify the
report?