Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Susanneec

Default Importing information from 2 workbooks into a 3rd one

Hi, I need some help with importing information from 2 different workbooks
into a third one. The problem that I have is the following: the reference
points from where the information needs to be pulled from are not the same
cells every day but information in column A that point to the information in
column B in the same row that need to be pulled into the 3rd workbook. In
Detail: in ressource workbook 1 I have the order # in column A and shipping
information for each order # in column B. Those shipping information for each
order # need to be pulled into the 3rd workbook in which the order # of
workbook 1 are part of a bigger list; and this list of order # is changing
every day. So I need a formular for importing data which says €œif you find
the same value in column A in workbook 1 and workbook 3, than pull
information from workbook 1, column B same row into workbook 3 column G same
row€ €“ something like that.
Who can help me with that? Every imput is very much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
ashaback

"Susanneec" wrote:

[...]
you might want to use microsoft access and import both tables with the order number being the key field, then run a query.