Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
makega

Default Importing relative positoin information

Column A = list of invoice numbers
Column B-Z = information relating to each of those numbers.

Is there any way to make a new worksheet, type in some selected invoice
numbers into a column, and have the sheet populate the rest of the rown
information form the other worksheet?

I was thinking it would work something like this:

- 2 worksheets "WS1" and "WS2"
- WS1 is populated, WS2 is blank

Then on WS2:
- Type in a number in A1 in WS2
- Cells B2, C2, D2, etc. would look on WS1 for the value in A1 then
populate themselves with the value in the cell XX columns over. So WS2
cell D2 would look on WS1, find the WS2 cell A2 number on WS1, then
populate WS2 cell D2 with the information 3 cells to the right of the
cell that number was found in.

--
makega
makega's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29876

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
makega

More thought on this...

B1 searches a specified column on a different worksheet for the value
in A1. If that value is found in the column on the other worksheet, B1
populates itself with the value in the cell column to the right of
wherever that value was found on the other worksheet.

Is that more clear? Was reading my previous post and it was rather
confusing.

Thanks in advance. I've found so many answers to my questions here
this the the firts time I've actually had to post one!

--
makega
makega's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29876
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495805

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyer

Use the elementary Vlookup().

Sheet1 -
Column A = invoice number - from A2 to A100
Corresponding data in matching rows - B2 to Z100

Sheet2 -
Enter invoice number in A2
Enter this formula in B2:

=VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet1!$A$2:$Z$100,COLUMNS($A:B),0)

Copy across to Z2.

Then, you can select B2 to Z2 and copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

"makega" wrote in