Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Excel worksheet retrieving data from Access

I am very new to this, actually my first post "here". We have a
relatively large Access database file that holds our customer
information. We also use excel as our online ordering tool. I would
like somehow for the excel worksheet to keying a customer number and
all relavent information will be retrieved from the access database.
Is this possible? Are there tutorials around this. Keep in mind I do
know some VB - minor but I can generally work through examples. Any
idea's are appreciated.

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I am very new to this, actually my first post "here". We have a
relatively large Access database file that holds our customer
information. We also use excel as our online ordering tool. I would
like somehow for the excel worksheet to keying a customer number and
all relavent information will be retrieved from the access database.
Is this possible? Are there tutorials around this. Keep in mind I do
know some VB - minor but I can generally work through examples. Any
idea's are appreciated.
MS Query is perfect for this. Under Data choose Import extenal Data next choose access database and point to your access database. Select your tables and fields you want. Next Filter by customer number. When returning data to your spreadsheet choose to set parameter to a cell and auto refresh. That way whenever you type in a new customer number MS Query will pull all the data you selected from Access.