Alexander Fry

Default Excel 2003 Link failure

Using W2k SP4
One of our local users has an Excel spreadsheet with links to another EXcel
spreadsheet. When the first spreadsheet is opened with Excel 97 and the link
followed, it works correctly. When he tries the same thing in Excel2003, he
gets the message
"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer. Please contact the system administrator"

I have search the KB and came up with Articel ID 325478 which tells me that
it is an issue and there is a fix from Microsoft but they are not publishing
it publically.

I don't want to incur a help desk call unless I have to. Is there anyway I
can confirm that this is the solution to the problem I have ??

Alex