Old March 29th 10, 07:48 PM
Junior Member

Default Hyperlink To A Specific Worksheet in Excel 2007

I am trying to create a hyperlink in a webpage (using Frontpage 2003) to a specific worksheet in an excel 2007 file. I have tried:
..\filename.xlsx\#worksheetname
..\filename.xlsx\#'worksheetname'
..\filename.xlsx\#rangename

in the last example, I defined a name for a cell within the target worksheet.

All of the above result in the Excel file opening on the worksheet that was displayed when the file was last saved.

I have a suspicion that this functionality worked in older versions of Excel.

Any ideas?

Old March 30th 10, 08:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Try
..\filename.xlsx#worksheetname!A1

and, it the worksheet name contains a space, put it in quotes
..\filename.xlsx#'worksheet name'!A1

or use a defined name
..\filename.xlsx#rangename

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Old March 30th 10, 07:07 PM
Junior Member

Hi Bill thanks for your reply, unfortuantely I have tried all of these and none seem to work.

Neil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Manville View Post

Old March 31st 10, 12:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

They all work to me (from Word, as I don't have FrontPage).
You did leave out the \ before the # ?