Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default refreshing data from a linked *.dbf database file without opening it.

I have a excel pivot table with an external database (a *.dbf file).
Is there anyway to refresh the pivot table without actually opening the
*.dbf file?

When I tried to refresh the pivot table without opening the *.dbf file
first, it complain that the link contains one or more database that can not
be updated... (or something like that).

If I open the *.dbf file first the the refresh works and update the data
correctly.

Thanks in advance for any helps or hints.

Ahrder.