Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Showing hyperlink when using lookup

I have one sheet that has a list that contains some text that has hyperlinks
and then I use lookup ona different sheet, but when the text is displayed
onthe second sheet the hyperlink is not there. Is there a way of keeping the
hyperlink on the second sheet. The hyperlink uses tags.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi,

Excel's formulas return values, they will not return the associated
hyperlink or comment or error checking message.

You might be able to right a custom VBA function that will do this for you.

Here is a sample, that doesn't quite do what you want but it might start you
on the way

Function RETURNHYPERLINK(Rng As Range) As String
If Rng.Hyperlinks.Count 0 Then
RETURNHYPERLINK = Rng.Hyperlinks(1).Address

If Len(RETURNHYPERLINK) = 0 Then
RETURNHYPERLINK = Rng.Hyperlinks(1).SubAddress
End Function

This function, entered as =ReturnHyperlink(A1) would return the hyperlink
of cell A1.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire