Old October 30th 08, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Inserting Pictures onto a spreadsheet.

I'm still kinda new at VBA and still getting used to the many definitions. I
will attempt to make it work by your instructions but I'm better when I can
see a working model.

My email is "squeakysneakers at yahoo dot com"

"Bill Manville" wrote:

Squeaky wrote:
So what cells should I name "LU_Name_FileLoc_XRef"? (in my example)

The table with 2 columns containing picture name in column 1 and picture
path in column 2, just as it is in the contextures example.

I deleted the module and started getting the error again. I renamed the
combobox as iItem and the error went away but I still couldn't make this
work

I don't understand what module you deleted or why, nor why you would rename
a combobox with the name of the integer variable I used to hold its
listindex (+1).

Can you send me your workup so I can study it?

I didn't keep my previous attempt but I will do it again if you want.
Tell me where to send it.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Old October 31st 08, 12:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi Bill,

Got your email. That's the same file I am trying to modify. It uses a data
validation box whereas I am trying to make it work with an active x combobox.

Old October 31st 08, 01:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Squeaky wrote:
That's the same file I am trying to modify. It uses a data
validation box whereas I am trying to make it work with an active x combobox.

Sorry - sent the wrong version by accident.

I have re-made the modifications, limited to adding the combobox to the sheet,
setting its listfillrange and adding the ComboBox1_Change event procedure to
the sheet's module. Sending it now by email

Old November 3rd 08, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the file. Very Helpful. I found that the problem lies with
'LU_Name_FileLoc_XRef'. When I set that range to be on another sheet (like
sheet2) on the same workbook, it will not work. I get:
Run-Time error 1004:
Mothod 'Range' of object'_worksheet' failed.
How can I get it to reference sheet2?

Old November 4th 08, 01:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet2").Range("LU_Name_FileL oc_XRef")

Old November 4th 08, 02:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi Bill,

I found a work around in the meantime but I will adjust it as per your
instructions. Thank you very much for your over-the-top patience and
assistance. I have created an inventory database and now due to your
assistance it will be complete with pictures. You have a fan.

"Squeaky" wrote:

Hi All,

I have been reading many posts about using code to insert pictures from a
folder into an area of a spreadsheet and have made them work according to the
many people who have posted here. Most posts say that either you enter a name
or number in a cell that corresponds to a pic, or use a data validation box
to do a lookup. Again, I have made each of these methods work. My question:
Can you make it work using an Active X combo box? I am able to make all the
code work, but the picture just does not materialize. Alternately are you
able to make a data validation box perform an auto complete as the combo box
does?
Basically I have 8000 enrties of part numbers and with the combo box I can
start typing the first numbers or letters and the box jumps to that part of
the list.

Thanks in advance.

Squeaky