Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Squeaky Squeaky is offline

Default Inserting Pictures onto a spreadsheet.

I followed the example I got from the "contextures" page
http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal.
When I use the data validation box the macro works just fine and the
pictures will change.
Basically I replaced the data validation box with a combobox. I am trying to
trigger the macro by selecting an item from the combobox.
I'm not sure how to check the 2 items you noted. I did try putting the macro
code into the combox_change event but kept getting an error.

"Bill Manville" wrote:

How are you trying to trigger the macro?

It would seem the linked cell doesn't trigger the Worksheet_Change
event as I had assumed it would. So that leaves 2 possibilities:
ComboBox_Change event (where you will need to check that a match has
been generated - .ListIndex=0), or Worksheet_Calculate with a formula
somewhere referencing the linked cell.

If you can't make it work, please post the macro you are trying to run.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England