Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Disabeling Hyperlinks

Hi everyone,

any ideas how to avoid email and internet addresses generally? I'm tired
of removing each hyperlink.

Thanks in advance,
Nathalie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

I assume you mean you want them not to be created as hyperlinks
automatically when the format is recognised on data entry?

You didn't mention which version of Excel (it always helps).

In versions prior to 2007,
Tools AutoCorrect options Autoformat as you type uncheck
"Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

I have another question related to this topic:
When I have a row or a column with cells with hyperlinks is there a
possibility to change this in one step? Normally I just click right on
every cell to remove the hypertext. A lot of work ...

regards, Andreas.

Bill Manville schrieb:
I assume you mean you want them not to be created as hyperlinks
automatically when the format is recognised on data entry?

You didn't mention which version of Excel (it always helps).

In versions prior to 2007,
Tools AutoCorrect options Autoformat as you type uncheck
"Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Just select the cells and run this macro

Sub DeleteHyperlinksFromSelection()
Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Sub

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Fine for me, too! Thanx!

Great Script! Works fine for me!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Konrad Krause schrieb:
Fine for me, too! Thanx!

Lilo Schwan schrieb:
Great Script! Works fine for me!

Newsgroups are sometimes so useful!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Lucy Hachmann schrieb:
Newsgroups are sometimes so useful!

You're right. Even if I didn't need this feature at the moment, I was
lucky to find a solution for a problem I never had up to now ... ;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi Nathalie,

You can disable all hyperlinks without code by selecting an empty cell and
choosing Copy, then select all the cells containing hyperlinks and choose
Edit, Paste Special, Add.

This works in all versions of Excel but in 2007 the cells still "look like"
they are hyperlinks. Just change the format.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
Microsoft Excel MVP
Join http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/ and download a free screensaver and