Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
EMG EMG is offline

Default Excel 2007 automatically redirects links - Linking Problem #2!!

I have another issue that we discovered and it's probably correlated with
the linking problem I presented earlier with automatically redirecting links.

The path changes automatically if I link a current file to another file,
from a
different folder, with the same name. Example, C:\...US\Template.xlsx (File
1) has cells linking to C:\...Brazil\Template.xlsx (File 2). When
programming File 1 there are no errors, but once saved and reopened, it
removes the link (and it links it to itself!!!) and presents a circular
error.

Anyone else running into the same problem?