Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Text Truncated after Paste link in Excel 2002

Hi,
I have a excel file, which reads from many other excel files (created
and updated by other users). I use Paste Links to read the data I
need
from the source files but due to 255 character limit the text string
gets truncated after 255 characters. Does anyone know a workaround or
solution for this? Please let me know. I am still using Excel 2002.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Amol

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

1. Open Excel
2. Open the source file(s) in that instance of Excel with
File Open ......
3. Open the destination file in the SAME instance of Excel with
File Open....

Excel will then NOT prompt you with "do you want to refresh links..."
Excel will refresh the links correctly automatically
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200733