Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default If I PDF a spreadsheet the Links don't work there - help

I have created a PDF from an Excel spreadsheet.
All the cells on one column on the spreadsheet have links to data on a
website. The links are not transferred to the PDF file.

I know how to place the links on the PDF file:
Tools Advanced Editing LinkTool
Then open up a rectangle on the required cells in the PDF and place the link.
BUT, if I make changes to the spreadsheet, then I have to re-create all the
links again in the new PDF file.

What is the procedure to place the links in the cells of the spreasheet such
that they are active in the generated PDF file from the spreadsheet?

Thanks
Erich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi Erich,
Are they working hyperlinks to external files in your Excel file.

Are they hyperlinks known to Excel (ctrl+k), or
are they HYPERLINK Worksheet Formulas.

If HYPERLINK Worksheet Formulas do they involve
concatenation.

Do you get a hyperlink in the PDF that you have to correct,
if so what did it look like, or does it appear as plain text
with the descriptive name only.

I expect that you might need to use http://www.ibm.com
and not www.ibm.com

I take it that if you are editing PDF files that you are quite possibly
actually using Adobe Acrobat and the Distiller. Don't know if it
would make any difference but is your system PC or MAC.

For an Excel newsgroup I think excel.misc would have been
a better choice, but I see why chose this group. The main
thing for now is to fill in the missing
information as to what software you are using -- what is generating
the PDF, and what do you have in the cells. There must be nothing
but the hyperllink in a cell.
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel