Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tony M

Default My links to another workbook don't work

I am using formulas to link three workbooks on a network drive. I am finding
that I must have the two source files open in order for the links to update.
Manual update is unsuccessful as well. I am setting this up for other users
so I would like for them to be able to update the links without having to
open the source files. When I reproduce the links using files on my C drive,
it works perfectly. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abode

Im new to excel but I think that in order to link to another workbook that
workbook would have to be open. I may be totally wrong though. You could
try to have the three workbooks on your computer and have some closed and try
to link to them. If it works them I'm wrong, if it doesn't work then I might
be right. Eitherway it might help if you post the formula incase it is some
typo in the address. In my experiance Hyperlink seems to be very screwy.

"Tony M" wrote:

I am using formulas to link three workbooks on a network drive. I am finding
that I must have the two source files open in order for the links to update.
Manual update is unsuccessful as well. I am setting this up for other users
so I would like for them to be able to update the links without having to
open the source files. When I reproduce the links using files on my C drive,
it works perfectly. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tony M

Yes, when I work with files on my local drive then I can update my links
without opening the source file. On a network drive, however, I have to have
the source file(s) open. Here is the formula that I am using in the
destination file: =DSUM('S:\Production\[05 15 06.xls]Sum
Tables'!$D$13:$E$3822,2,$A104:$A105)

Thanks!