Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Insert Hyperlink shortcut no longer works

Here's a weird one... anyone have ideas?
I used to be able to easily insert into Excel a hyperlink to web page
that is in an open window by using Alt+Tab. Here's how it worked:
= In IE, go to the web page you're interested in.
= In Excel, go to a blank cell and click Insert Hyperlink (or press
Ctl+K)
= Press Alt+Tab to go to the web page IE window
= Press Alt+Tab to go back to Excel -- the Address and Text To Display
fields are automatically filled in on the dialog

All that worked great until a few days ago; now the Address field
remains blank when I come back to Excel. The only recent system
changes I can think of are that I installed an upgrade to a screenshot
program (SnagIt) and I installed the trial version of MS Office
OneNote.

(I know that you can use the "globe" icon in the Insert Hyperlink
dialog to bring up a browser & go to the page from there, but my
circumstances make it much easier to do the method I was using above.)

Ideas???