Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Add-ins not working

We have Link Finder plugin with Excel 2000 to find and delete external
links in excel spreadsheet. It has been working fine. However, with one
of the user, on a specific spreadsheet, the "find links" menu item does
not show up at all. At the same time, when I open a blank spreadsheet
on the same machine, "Find Links" shows up.

Even I tried enabling the find/delete links by going to add-ins, still
no luck, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

On Jan 25, 9:26 am, wrote:
We have Link Finder plugin with Excel 2000 to find and delete external
links in excel spreadsheet. It has been working fine. However, with one
of the user, on a specific spreadsheet, the "find links" menu item does
not show up at all. At the same time, when I open a blank spreadsheet
on the same machine, "Find Links" shows up.

Even I tried enabling the find/delete links by going to add-ins, still
no luck, any ideas?

It's sounds like it's either a licencing issue, or that the user name
is different from your's and is not recognised... This is usually the
case if the user profile has been cloned from someone else and been
modified

Take a look in word ... Tools Options User Information

If this looks different to yours this is most likely the issue

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Sounds like my add-in <grin. I trust you have purchased a license or two!

Most likely you have macros disabled in the workbook where the menu will not
show up. Sometimes Excel then disables all add-ins run from such a
workbook. Try setting macro security to medium and not disabling macros -
if you know it is safe to do.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com