Old March 8th 05, 06:34 PM
TuckMonster

I just got off the phone with Adobe Support. They are aware of this
problem and will be posting an update on their website "in the near
future". I asked for some time frame, but support wouldn't tell me.

Bryan

David McRitchie wrote:
Since I just have the Acrobat Reader not the full Adobe Acrobat
does reinstalling the Acrobat Reader affect your usage in any
way of the full Acrobat package. Just curious.

"Paul H. Kristensen"

wrote...
David McRitchie Wrote:
Oh, the full Acrobat not just the Acrobat Reader,

interesting.

I had precisely the same problem. Here's what I discovered. I
originally only had Acrobat Reader 6.0 loaded on my computer and my
Excel hyperlinks to pdf files worked fine.

I later installed Acrobat Standard 7.0, and suddenly the link did

not
work. When I clicked on the link to a pdf file, I could see

Acrobat
start to launch and then disappear. No Go!

SOLUTION: I reinstalled Acrobat Reader 6.0 using the "repair"
selection and Voila! the hyperlinks now work fine again. There

must
have been something in the Acrobat Standard 7.0 installation that

broke
a critical registry entry.

--
Paul H. Kristensen

Old March 18th 05, 08:41 PM
Jimmy Hum via OfficeKB.com

The Adobe Reader 7.0.1 update is available on adobe's web site.
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/new.jsp