Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default view 2 different worksheets within the Wrkbk

Is it possible to compare two different workSHEETS within the same Workbook?
I want to carry over values from one worksheet into another or incorporate
cells from multiple sheets...and if I could view two sheets at one time it
would be great. I have checked out Excel HELP..and know that I can compare
two different WORKBOOKS with the compare feature.. not it appears that I
cannot do the same with WORKSHEETS within the same workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

On Menu Window chose new window and then compare side by side

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"tfall" escreveu:

Is it possible to compare two different workSHEETS within the same Workbook?
I want to carry over values from one worksheet into another or incorporate
cells from multiple sheets...and if I could view two sheets at one time it
would be great. I have checked out Excel HELP..and know that I can compare
two different WORKBOOKS with the compare feature.. not it appears that I
cannot do the same with WORKSHEETS within the same workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

copy one sheet to new workbook temporarily for comparison and use the
compare feature.

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

yes it works for a worksheets for the same workbook file.

Note that when you choose NEW WINDOW on window menu, excel will show you the
name as WS1:2 (as doble the workbook)

after go to menu WINDOW | COMPARE SIDE BY SIDE

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"tfall" escreveu:

Is it possible to compare two different workSHEETS within the same Workbook?
I want to carry over values from one worksheet into another or incorporate
cells from multiple sheets...and if I could view two sheets at one time it
would be great. I have checked out Excel HELP..and know that I can compare
two different WORKBOOKS with the compare feature.. not it appears that I
cannot do the same with WORKSHEETS within the same workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want to view sheet 1 and sheet 2 of the same workbook then goto
Window in the upper tool bar click on New Window. Then click on Window
again but this time click on Arrange and click on Tiled then OK. You
should now have to copies of the same workbook visible. On the first
one select sheet 1 and on the second on any other sheet including sheet
1 that you want to view. Hope this helps.

--
patele
patele's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35849

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have posted in your another thread (might be duplicate).
you may copy one sheet to new workbook for comparison temporarily and
use the same compare feature within window menu.

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562471

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Go to Window on the upper tool bar select New Window. Then go to Window
again this time select Arrange and select Tiled. This will give you 2
views of the same workbook. Select the tabs for the work sheets you
want to view/compare.