Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help needed

Hi
one of my friends asked this question and i did not have an answer so
posting it here.

I want the work book to be shared by mulitiple users. Each user should have
a tab dedicated to them. Apart from the administrator nobody should be able
to view/edit others' tab.

Well, for the last point: I am planning to create an application (might be
in VBA) to fetch data from all the tabs and to report the same in other
excel work book.

Thanks
Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

I think I would just make ALL the tabs hidden, except the first screen which
would be a sign-in sheet asking for a persons name and password which would
then allow a macro to open their sheet only..........as for actually
"preventing" a hacker from viewing/editing any other sheet, that part is
pretty well impossible in Excel......we can only make it so difficult the
hacker "might" give up trying.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Gary" wrote in message
Hi
one of my friends asked this question and i did not have an answer so
posting it here.

I want the work book to be shared by mulitiple users. Each user should

have
a tab dedicated to them. Apart from the administrator nobody should be

able
to view/edit others' tab.

Well, for the last point: I am planning to create an application (might be
in VBA) to fetch data from all the tabs and to report the same in other
excel work book.

Thanks
Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

I just got in and it's too late to do anything tonight.........if nobody
else answers, I'll try to post tomorrow...........maybe you might want to
give me your real email addy so I can send a sample file.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Gary" wrote in message
Hi
one of my friends asked this question and i did not have an answer so
posting it here.

I want the work book to be shared by mulitiple users. Each user should

have
a tab dedicated to them. Apart from the administrator nobody should be

able
to view/edit others' tab.

Well, for the last point: I am planning to create an application (might
be
in VBA) to fetch data from all the tabs and to report the same in other
excel work book.

Thanks
Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Hi Gary...........
Sorry, duties kept me busy mostly today, but here's a little quickie file
(sent to your home addy)...........it uses change event macros behind sheets
2 and 3 and the workbook module, and one macro in a regular
module...........

Hope it helps point the way for you...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Gary" wrote in message
Sure, my email address is