Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary Gary is offline

Default Help needed

Sure, my email address is

Waiting for ur reply.

Thanks

"CLR" wrote in message
I just got in and it's too late to do anything tonight.........if nobody
else answers, I'll try to post tomorrow...........maybe you might want to
give me your real email addy so I can send a sample file.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Gary" wrote in message
CLR,

Please tell me how to go about it.

Thanks a ton.
Gary

"CLR" wrote in message
I think I would just make ALL the tabs hidden, except the first screen
which
would be a sign-in sheet asking for a persons name and password which
would
then allow a macro to open their sheet only..........as for actually
"preventing" a hacker from viewing/editing any other sheet, that part
is
pretty well impossible in Excel......we can only make it so difficult

the
hacker "might" give up trying.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Gary" wrote in message
Hi
one of my friends asked this question and i did not have an answer so
posting it here.

I want the work book to be shared by mulitiple users. Each user should
have
a tab dedicated to them. Apart from the administrator nobody should be
able
to view/edit others' tab.

Well, for the last point: I am planning to create an application
(might
be
in VBA) to fetch data from all the tabs and to report the same in
other
excel work book.

Thanks
Gary