Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default consolidation link template?

Hi,

Presently, I consolidate data from 60 different files, each consisting of
about 9 sheets. Right now, we have to wait until all data is completed before
we consolidate. I was attempting to set it up by creating links to source
data so as data is entered, it automatically adds up. This process has to be
repeated every year, and it is tedious.

The question is, how can I consolidate data from a consolidate template
where data changes from year to year, so I don't have to go through this
process every year?

Please help me out. I'm deperate. I DO NOT want to do this every year. Also,
the create links also gave me some problems.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Nanika V. Brathwaite
Ministry of Health
Bahamas.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

the idea of a template is that each document is identical.So your data
capture documents for next year have to be identical and your template is
saved of this years document.You save this years document as 2007 but all
your links will still point to 2006 documents.As you start to input data for
2007 create 2007 documents from saved as 2006 documents.Then in your new 2007
file you go to edit links and change the source document for each
link.There will be a different link for every document you have linked to so
you can highlight each one and update it to the new 2007 document as it is
created.
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"Nika" wrote:

Hi,

Presently, I consolidate data from 60 different files, each consisting of
about 9 sheets. Right now, we have to wait until all data is completed before
we consolidate. I was attempting to set it up by creating links to source
data so as data is entered, it automatically adds up. This process has to be
repeated every year, and it is tedious.

The question is, how can I consolidate data from a consolidate template
where data changes from year to year, so I don't have to go through this
process every year?

Please help me out. I'm deperate. I DO NOT want to do this every year. Also,
the create links also gave me some problems.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Nanika V. Brathwaite
Ministry of Health
Bahamas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I have just discovered, howver, that the primary task
of creating links in the consolidate dialogue box is a problem right now.
When that is fixed, I will expand on the question.

Nika.