Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Automatically add date into a cell

I am trying to get cell D2 on sheet 1 to automatically add date and time when
a number is entered in any cell within a range a cells (C8:I59) on sheet 2.
I am using Excel 2002

Can anyone please help
Frustrated Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Answer is

=IF(COUNTA(Sheet2!C8:I59)<0,NOW(),"")

Paste this formula in column D2

Thanks
Ashish

Tommo wrote:
I am trying to get cell D2 on sheet 1 to automatically add date and time when
a number is entered in any cell within a range a cells (C8:I59) on sheet 2.
I am using Excel 2002

Can anyone please help
Frustrated Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ashish
thanks heaps, worked like a charm

Satisfied Mike Tommo

Tommo wrote:
I am trying to get cell D2 on sheet 1 to automatically add date and time when
a number is entered in any cell within a range a cells (C8:I59) on sheet 2.
I am using Excel 2002

Can anyone please help
Frustrated Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ashish
works great, noticed one thing though, if I insert a number in a cell not in
the range of the IF statement (C8:I59) on sheet 2 the date and time still
changes on sheet 1.

any sugestions why its doing this

Thanks in Advance
Mike

Tommo wrote:
I am trying to get cell D2 on sheet 1 to automatically add date and time when
a number is entered in any cell within a range a cells (C8:I59) on sheet 2.
I am using Excel 2002

Can anyone please help
Frustrated Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Tommo,

That's because the NOW() function is volatile so it will update
everytime you enter anything on the sheet.

Have a look at this site for info on time stamps

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ashish I am entering dates using the today formula however for a request and
time request made then I am entering the date assigned using today formula;
however at there are times the time assigned will overlap into the next day.
How do I formulate the time requested/assigned to recognize the current date.
the information may not be entered in real time but at the end of a shift
from a paper format. What I am trying to do is make sure the data entry
department enters the date for entry.
--
tveal