Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Run Macro on Mouse Click

Is is possible to run a macro that displays a pre-set number upon clicking in
a cell?
For example: everytime someone needs to see the value 24 in cell b4 all they
have to do is click in that cell to make that number visible.
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:58:02 -0700, vacation
wrote:

Is is possible to run a macro that displays a pre-set number upon clicking in
a cell?
For example: everytime someone needs to see the value 24 in cell b4 all they
have to do is click in that cell to make that number visible.
Thank you

The following in the Worksheet Selection Change event should do the
trick

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B4")) Is Nothing Then Range("B4")
="24"

End Sub

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have been searching in Excel to find this function for words like it in the
function drop down lists. Do you know where it is? When used help I found
worksheet_function but not worksheet_selection change.

wrote:

Is is possible to run a macro that displays a pre-set number upon

clicking in
a cell?
For example: everytime someone needs to see the value 24 in cell b4 all

they
have to do is click in that cell to make that number visible.
Thank you

The following in the Worksheet Selection Change event should do the
trick

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B4")) Is Nothing Then Range("B4")
="24"

End Sub

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tried that and other variations but it was not found in Excel help. Any other
ideas? SelectionChange is not in my help index. Are we positive its in Excel
2000 or maybe its in Excel 2000 but under another term?