Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cells only display formula

I have a formula that is not showing the result in the cells. Using fx button
shows result, but result does not show in cells. tried ctrl + ` to no avail,
formula is working.
ex. of formula:
=IF(Q34="ON","S",IF(Q34="PH","ON","OFF"))

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You sure you havent got white text on a white background or similar?
Formula is indeed correct and works as you indicated.

--
Special-K
Special-K's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7470

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like cell(s) formatted as text.

Re-format to general then F2 and ENTER

If you have a great whack of these to do.............

EditReplace

What: =

With: =

Replace all.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:22:02 -0700, waladd
wrote:

I have a formula that is not showing the result in the cells. Using fx button
shows result, but result does not show in cells. tried ctrl + ` to no avail,
formula is working.
ex. of formula:
=IF(Q34="ON","S",IF(Q34="PH","ON","OFF"))

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check to see if this is the problem: Go to
'tools'...'options'....'view'....window options and see if there is a check
mark next to formulas. If there is uncheck that box.

"waladd" wrote:

I have a formula that is not showing the result in the cells. Using fx button
shows result, but result does not show in cells. tried ctrl + ` to no avail,
formula is working.
ex. of formula:
=IF(Q34="ON","S",IF(Q34="PH","ON","OFF"))

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Very common problem so don't feel too dumb.

Gord

wrote:

I have a formula that is not showing the result in the cells. Using fx button
shows result, but result does not show in cells. tried ctrl + ` to no avail,
formula is working.
ex. of formula:
=IF(Q34="ON","S",IF(Q34="PH","ON","OFF"))

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I can't see any reason whatsoever to feel dumb on this one. It does not seem
evident to me at all to change the cell to general. I am surprised this is
not in the regular help text so thank you Gord.