Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ada Ada is offline

Default How do I highlight a column depending on other column value?

I'm working on a sales report and I want to highlight the names of the Reps
which sales for the last 3 months average period are grater or equal to
$16,000. How can I do this conditional formatting?
I will appreciate any help with this matter.

Thanks,

Ada
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Highlight your first sales rep then go to Conditional Formatting and, where
the drop-down says "Cell Value is", change the selection to "Value Is". That
version of the function applies your selected formatting when a formula you
establish is TRUE. Assuming you have a cell next to the reps' names that is
computing that 3-month average (let's assume that average is in column H, and
your top row is row 2), type in the formula:

=H2=16000

and then set your conditional highlighting. Check to make sure it works,
then use the format painter to apply the conditional formatting to the reps'
names in all other rows.

If you do not have an Average computed in a cell, you could change the above
formula to =AVERAGE(C2:E2)=16000, where columns C,D,E house the last three
months of sales.

Hope that helps.

"Ada" wrote:

I'm working on a sales report and I want to highlight the names of the Reps
which sales for the last 3 months average period are grater or equal to
$16,000. How can I do this conditional formatting?
I will appreciate any help with this matter.

Thanks,

Ada

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Assuming A1 is RepName and B1 is Sales
left-click on A2 and do Format CopnditionalFormatting click the arrow on
the left window and choose FormulaIs in the right window type =$B2=16000
Format PatternsTab choose a color square Ok Ok .....then left click
on A2 and left-click on the Paintbrush Icon in the upper tool bar, then
left-click on A3 and drag it down column A as far as you have
names.......release and all the names with sales of over 16000 should have
colored cells......

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3