Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
andy62 andy62 is offline

Default How do I highlight a column depending on other column value?

Highlight your first sales rep then go to Conditional Formatting and, where
the drop-down says "Cell Value is", change the selection to "Value Is". That
version of the function applies your selected formatting when a formula you
establish is TRUE. Assuming you have a cell next to the reps' names that is
computing that 3-month average (let's assume that average is in column H, and
your top row is row 2), type in the formula:

=H2=16000

and then set your conditional highlighting. Check to make sure it works,
then use the format painter to apply the conditional formatting to the reps'
names in all other rows.

If you do not have an Average computed in a cell, you could change the above
formula to =AVERAGE(C2:E2)=16000, where columns C,D,E house the last three
months of sales.

Hope that helps.

"Ada" wrote:

I'm working on a sales report and I want to highlight the names of the Reps
which sales for the last 3 months average period are grater or equal to
$16,000. How can I do this conditional formatting?
I will appreciate any help with this matter.

Thanks,

Ada