Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Different Number of Workbooks each week

Greetings all.

I have built a spreadsheet that is linked to multiple spreadsheets and sums
up information from each spreadsheet

Example:

MasterSheet.xls

In Cell A1 on Sheet 1 it sums up Cell A1 From Sheet one of 8 Workbooks
called

User1.xls
User2.xls
User3.xls
User4.xls
down to User8.xls

This works fine and the workbook calculates correctly. But the formula is
long and bulky and I was wondering if there is a way to do the formula so
that if only 6 spreadsheets are in the folder that it will still do the sum
of Cell A1 from Sheet1 of each workbook or if I added a 9th Ulser9.xls file
into the folder that it would calculate that in without me having to go back
in to the spreadsheet and changing a plethora of formulas in many cells.

If I can't do this with a Formula, is there a way to do it with VBA to say
look for any files with User*.xls and sum cell A1 from Sheet 1

Any help would be appreciated.

Wally Steadman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Wally,

Why you dont use :
sub values()
for r = 1 to 9
with range("A1")
.FormulaArray = "='e:\[user" & r & ".xls]" & sheets(1).name & "!A1"
.value=.value
end with
next r
end sub

Regards,

halim

Wally Steadman wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Halim,
thanks for your reply. I have a couple of questions about it.

1. Where to I apply the sub to? The Master Worksheet?

2. I will be doing the same summing for multiple cells but all like cells.
So B1 in the master will be the sum of B1 on all worksheets. I actually
have an Array that is from
A1 to O27 and so each cell in the array is summed to like cells in each
workbook. So Do I need this code to follow a couple FOR loops to have it
sum each cell?

I am tracking with what it is doing, just not sure where to apply and have
some kind of idea as to the FOR loops you have shown.

ups.com...