Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting unique values

I have a series of names in column A and corresponding dates in column
B. I need to find the number of unique dates (in serial form)
corresponding to a name.

Col A Col B

Jones 38822
Smith 38822
Walker 38822
Jones 38822
Jones 38823
Jones 38823

In cell C1 I need to have the days associated with Jones, in this case,
2.

--
JK57
JK57's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33430

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try...

=COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF(A1:A6="Jones",IF(B1:B6<"",B1:B6)),IF (A1:A6="Jones"
,IF(B1:B6<"",B1:B6))))

....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
JK57 wrote:

I have a series of names in column A and corresponding dates in column
B. I need to find the number of unique dates (in serial form)
corresponding to a name.

Col A Col B

Jones 38822
Smith 38822
Walker 38822
Jones 38822
Jones 38823
Jones 38823

In cell C1 I need to have the days associated with Jones, in this case,
2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jk,

=sumproduct(--(a2:a100="Jones")*(b2:b100=38822))

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"JK57" escreveu:

I have a series of names in column A and corresponding dates in column
B. I need to find the number of unique dates (in serial form)
corresponding to a name.

Col A Col B

Jones 38822
Smith 38822
Walker 38822
Jones 38822
Jones 38823
Jones 38823

In cell C1 I need to have the days associated with Jones, in this case,
2.

--
JK57
JK57's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33430
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559010

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

JK57 wrote:

I have a series of names in column A and corresponding dates in

column
B. I need to find the number of unique dates (in serial form)
corresponding to a name.

Col A Col B

Jones 38822
Smith 38822
Walker 38822
Jones 38822
Jones 38823
Jones 38823

In cell C1 I need to have the days associated with Jones, in this

case,
2.

That worked, thanks.