Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
beechum1

Default list unique values in a column

in column C i have part #'s. In column L I want to list the unique
values of Column C and in column M I want to list the # of instances of
each unique value. I did a search and tried a few different formulas i
found, changed the values as I thought necessary, and didn't get any of
them to work for me.

any links or pros that can code that for me real quick??

--
beechum1
beechum1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30489

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Assume values you want to check are in C2:C50, in D2 put

=INDEX($C$2:$C$50,MATCH(0,COUNTIF($D$1:D1,$C$2:$C$ 50),0))

enter the formula with ctrl + shift & enter, if done correctly it will wrap
it in curly braces
now copy down until you get an error (#N/A),
In E2 put

=COUNTIF($C$2:$C$50,D2)

copy down to the last non error value in D will give you the count of each
unique value
Having said that, you might as well use datafilteradvanced filter, copy to
another location
unique records only, then use the countif formula on the filtered list

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)