Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Display an array of references

On one worksheet I have an array of names, starting in column B. What I need
to do on another worksheet, for any rows in the array that contain a
particular name, is display the contents of all the column A cells from those
same rows. Here's an example:

My array
A B C D
1 Pres Sam Dot Ed
2 SVP Dot Ed Bill
3 VP Ed Sam Sue
4 Dir Sue Dot Ron

Other worksheet, selecting "Sam" from a dropdown gives following results:
Pres
VP

So my other worksheet would show just the contents from array column A where
"Sam" appears anywhere in the array. I was trying to get an array back from
the INDEX function, but it was over my head. Can this be done?

TIA