-   -   Display an array of references (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/97646-display-array-references.html)

andy62

Display an array of references

On one worksheet I have an array of names, starting in column B. What I need
to do on another worksheet, for any rows in the array that contain a
particular name, is display the contents of all the column A cells from those
same rows. Here's an example:

My array
A B C D
1 Pres Sam Dot Ed
2 SVP Dot Ed Bill
3 VP Ed Sam Sue
4 Dir Sue Dot Ron

Other worksheet, selecting "Sam" from a dropdown gives following results:
Pres
VP

So my other worksheet would show just the contents from array column A where
"Sam" appears anywhere in the array. I was trying to get an array back from
the INDEX function, but it was over my head. Can this be done?

TIA

Biff

Display an array of references

See replies in later post.