Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jay Jay is offline

Default How do/can I calculate the date for every Tuesday???

Hi guru's:

What I need is a method (formula) of calculting the date for Next Tuesday
and every Tuesday there after when the worksheet is opened? I need to look at
the current system date and extract the next or up-coming Tuesday from that
system date, even if it's the day (Monday) before the next Tuesday?

Looking forward to your input!

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jay,

try this

=if(weekday(a1)=1,(a1+2),if(weekday(a1)=2,(a1+1),i f(weekday(a1)=3,(a1+7),if(weekday(a1)=4,(a1+6),if( weekday(a1)=5,(a1+5),if(weekday(a1)=6,(a1+4),if(we ekday(a1)=7,(a1+3))))))))

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Jay" escreveu:

Hi guru's:

What I need is a method (formula) of calculting the date for Next Tuesday
and every Tuesday there after when the worksheet is opened? I need to look at
the current system date and extract the next or up-coming Tuesday from that
system date, even if it's the day (Monday) before the next Tuesday?

Looking forward to your input!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jay wrote:
Hi guru's:

What I need is a method (formula) of calculting the date for Next
Tuesday and every Tuesday there after when the worksheet is opened? I
need to look at the current system date and extract the next or
up-coming Tuesday from that system date, even if it's the day
(Monday) before the next Tuesday?

Looking forward to your input!

Thanks

Hi Jay,

try this:

=TODAY()+9-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you're only interested in the date and not the time value that goes along
with it, try this ...

=TEXT(NOW(), "dd-mmm")+8-(WEEKDAY(NOW()))

HTH.