Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jock W

Default calculating speeds in mph

How do I calculate how fast something has travelled?
I have a distance (2 miles) and the time taken (00:22:00).
The time cell is formatted as hh:mm:ss.

Thanks
--
Jock Waddington
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

To get mph

=A1/(B1*24)

where A1 is distance, B1 is time in time format.

Make sure you format result cell as General, it will default to time

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jock W" wrote in message
How do I calculate how fast something has travelled?
I have a distance (2 miles) and the time taken (00:22:00).
The time cell is formatted as hh:mm:ss.

Thanks
--
Jock Waddington

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jock W

Good call Bob.
Thanks very much

--
Jock Waddington

"Jock W" wrote in message
How do I calculate how fast something has travelled?
I have a distance (2 miles) and the time taken (00:22:00).
The time cell is formatted as hh:mm:ss.

Thanks
--
Jock Waddington

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Bob, both England and Italy are still in the running ...
All the best to whoever's your heart & money is on <g
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

After watching the matches so far, my heart was with Spain (but France beat
them), I despair of England's rubbishy performances, I feel Italy have a
good (read relatively easy) passage, but Argentine looks ominous. I just
don't think that Riquelme has the bottle for the big day, so I think it will
be France.

How about that for hedging all bets <vbg

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Max" wrote in message
Bob, both England and Italy are still in the running ...
All the best to whoever's your heart & money is on <g
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"Bob Phillips" wrote:
.. How about that for hedging all bets <vbg

Sounds excellent <bg, but just wondering aloud ...
why didn't Brazil figure at all in your hedges ?
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

I noticed that after I wrote, but I think they have been poor (is Ronaldinho
playing?), and anyway I tipped France, so that means Brazil go home tomorrow
<g

Looks like was right about Riquelme and Italy!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Max" wrote in message
"Bob Phillips" wrote:
.. How about that for hedging all bets <vbg

Sounds excellent <bg, but just wondering aloud ...
why didn't Brazil figure at all in your hedges ?
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

.. I tipped France, so that means Brazil go home tomorrow <g

ah, we shall see ... cheers <g
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Bob wrote:
.. I tipped France, so that means Brazil go home tomorrow <g

Bob, you're clairvoyant !
Simply amazing, your spot on reading / prediction <g !