-   -   calculating speeds in mph (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/96981-calculating-speeds-mph.html)

Jock W

calculating speeds in mph

How do I calculate how fast something has travelled?
I have a distance (2 miles) and the time taken (00:22:00).
The time cell is formatted as hh:mm:ss.

Thanks
--
Jock Waddington

Bob Phillips

calculating speeds in mph

To get mph

=A1/(B1*24)

where A1 is distance, B1 is time in time format.

Make sure you format result cell as General, it will default to time

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jock W" wrote in message
How do I calculate how fast something has travelled?
I have a distance (2 miles) and the time taken (00:22:00).
The time cell is formatted as hh:mm:ss.

Thanks
--
Jock Waddington

Jock W

calculating speeds in mph

Good call Bob.
Thanks very much

--
Jock Waddington

"Jock W" wrote in message
How do I calculate how fast something has travelled?
I have a distance (2 miles) and the time taken (00:22:00).
The time cell is formatted as hh:mm:ss.

Thanks
--
Jock Waddington

Max

calculating speeds in mph

Bob, both England and Italy are still in the running ...
All the best to whoever's your heart & money is on <g
--
Max
Singapore

Bob Phillips

calculating speeds in mph

After watching the matches so far, my heart was with Spain (but France beat
them), I despair of England's rubbishy performances, I feel Italy have a
good (read relatively easy) passage, but Argentine looks ominous. I just
don't think that Riquelme has the bottle for the big day, so I think it will
be France.

How about that for hedging all bets <vbg

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote:
.. How about that for hedging all bets <vbg

Sounds excellent <bg, but just wondering aloud ...
why didn't Brazil figure at all in your hedges ?
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Bob Phillips

calculating speeds in mph

I noticed that after I wrote, but I think they have been poor (is Ronaldinho
playing?), and anyway I tipped France, so that means Brazil go home tomorrow
<g

Looks like was right about Riquelme and Italy!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Max" wrote in message
"Bob Phillips" wrote:
.. How about that for hedging all bets <vbg

Sounds excellent <bg, but just wondering aloud ...
why didn't Brazil figure at all in your hedges ?
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Max

calculating speeds in mph

.. I tipped France, so that means Brazil go home tomorrow <g

ah, we shall see ... cheers <g
--

Bob wrote:
.. I tipped France, so that means Brazil go home tomorrow <g

Bob, you're clairvoyant !
Simply amazing, your spot on reading / prediction <g !