Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Larry King

Default using filer command in excell it locks up my computer

I use the filter/unique records to another column on the same sheet in excell
and it locks up my computer. I am creating a list of email addresses that I
want to have no dups on. I have a list of over 9000 email addresses that i
have created one address at a time and it filters fine. The list that I am
having problems with is under 2500 in length but it has been created copying
from bulk cut-n-paste with 50 - 200 email addresses at a time from the
internet. Save and sort also takes a long time to complete. I am unsing
office 2003 version of excell ver 11.6355.6360 SP1 that was loaded on my Dell
laptop. I can not see what is the problem with teh two files. One works and
one locks up. I feel that there is some sort of hidden charcters that is
preventing the Save, Sort and Filter from working. Help... Larry King in Las
Vegas