Swan22

Default How do I create a daily spending spreadsheet in Excell?

I need to create a daily spending spreadsheet with many repeated items each
day. I want to enter only the amount each day. Showing total spending per
week and per month if possible.
JulieD

Hi

this could be achieved with the dates along say row 3 and the items
(categories) down column A (from A4 onwards) - then all you have to do each
day is enter the amounts for the day against the appropriate category. This
will minimise the amount of typing you need to do if, of course, you list
all the possible categories when setting up the worksheet - if you forget
any or need to add them, then you'll have to do this when you enter the
amounts per day.

there are a number of different ways of handling the totals - you can have
them interspersed with the dates (ie the dates for the first week and then a
total column) and then at the end of the month a month total column. Or you
can have all of these columns at the end of the month - it really depends on
how you want to lay it out. Alternatively, you don't have to have a total
column at all and when you need to see the totals use a pivot table to
summarise your data.

due to column limitations (there's only 256 columns) you won't be able to
have whole year on one worksheet so i suggest you put each month on a new
worksheet.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD