Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam

Default months calculation

Hi

I require formula to calculate the number of months an employee has
completed in an organization using their date of joining.

e.g if an employee joins on 01-Mar-06 his or her six months should in the
next column as 0.6. Moment an employee complete a year it should show 1.0

email ur replies on

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Can't see where you get 0.6 from, as that is only 3 months by my calcs,
which is .25, but maybe this helps

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")+DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"ym")/12

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sam" wrote in message
Hi

I require formula to calculate the number of months an employee has
completed in an organization using their date of joining.

e.g if an employee joins on 01-Mar-06 his or her six months should in the
next column as 0.6. Moment an employee complete a year it should show 1.0

email ur replies on

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

Bob Phillips Wrote:
Can't see where you get 0.6 from, as that is only 3 months by my calcs,
which is .25, but maybe this helps

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")+DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"ym")/12

Couldn't you get the same result with

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"m")/12

--
daddylonglegs