Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shar

Default How do i make cells in one worksheet copy certain data to another

I am putting together a commision worksheet for my business. I have a master
worksheet and I want to find out how to make a cell in the master template
automatically copy data into one of four other personelle sheets. For
example when Bob's name appears in the master I want to find a way to make
excel automatically transfer certain data/cells to Bob's sheet. Is there
some sort of formula or filter I can set up?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"Shar" wrote:
I am putting together a commision worksheet for my business. I have a master
worksheet and I want to find out how to make a cell in the master template
automatically copy data into one of four other personelle sheets. For
example when Bob's name appears in the master I want to find a way to make
excel automatically transfer certain data/cells to Bob's sheet. Is there
some sort of formula or filter I can set up?

Try this sample construct (from my archives):
http://savefile.com/files/6028021
AutoCopyData_ByInitialsCol_To_RespNameSheet_NonArr ay.xls
(Sample is self-contained, with full construct details)
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shar

Default How do i make cells in one worksheet copy certain data to anot

Wow, very indepth. amazing work. I'm just having trouble adapting formulas
I don't completely understand to my own worksheets. I got the first
worksheet set up and defined it, but the second formula for the individual
sheets has me lost. Any hints on how to make it easier? If not I may have
to resort to "copy & paste" which i am trying hard to avoid.

"Max" wrote:

"Shar" wrote:
I am putting together a commision worksheet for my business. I have a master
worksheet and I want to find out how to make a cell in the master template
automatically copy data into one of four other personelle sheets. For
example when Bob's name appears in the master I want to find a way to make
excel automatically transfer certain data/cells to Bob's sheet. Is there
some sort of formula or filter I can set up?

Try this sample construct (from my archives):
http://savefile.com/files/6028021
AutoCopyData_ByInitialsCol_To_RespNameSheet_NonArr ay.xls
(Sample is self-contained, with full construct details)
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"Shar" wrote:
Wow, very indepth. amazing work. I'm just having trouble adapting formulas
I don't completely understand to my own worksheets. I got the first
worksheet set up and defined it, but the second formula for the individual
sheets has me lost. Any hints on how to make it easier? If not I may have
to resort to "copy & paste" which i am trying hard to avoid.

It's already as short as can be <g.
Try renaming your master sheetname to that in the sample, ie: All
(I'd usually use very short sheetnames, eg: A, B, or 1,2)

If you still can't get it up, perhaps you could upload
a small sample of your actual file (sanitized as necess)
and paste the *link* to it in your reply here ?

Some free filehosts that could be used to upload your sample:
http://www.flypicture.com/
http://cjoint.com/index.php
http://www.savefile.com/index.php

For cjoint.com (it's in French), just click "Browse" button, navigate to
your folder select the sample file Open, then click the button centred
in the page below (labelled "Creer le lien Cjoint") and it'll generate the
link. Then copy & paste the generated link as part and parcel of your
response here.

kindly note that no attachments
should be posted *directly* to the newsgroup