Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
drvortex

Default Cross-Worksheet Averaging

Hi all,

I have searched on here and tried to find a solution my problem. I
will do my best to explain it.

To start off, the problem exists with DIV/0 errors. Not sure if I fix
those errors it maybe easier to work w/ however that is alot of fixing
of the current formulas.

Here we go:

I want to average out the Bias on many sheets in several workbooks.
What I did was put the bias in one cell in wrkbook1, tab1 (a1 of wrkbk1
in tab1). Sounds crazy I know. I want to take the average of cell a1
in each worksheet of each workbook (30 sheets in 12 workbooks).

For example, In workbook July2006 / tab 1 (which means the first)
through to 31 (which means the 31st). I want to average all the cell
a1's in workbook July2006. However, the days that have no data entered
gives the error "DIV/0" which causes the formula I was trying to use to
not work.

What I want is to average out the cell a1 if it is a number from tabs
1-31. But now, the average is in a new workbook...not the July2006
file but another file named Total.xls

I hope you understand this...if not, let me know and I'll try to
clarify. Thanks in advance.

Jason

--
drvortex