Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

Default Worksheet not showing up in VBE

I had a problem with a worksheet where the formulas were not recalclulating.
I essentially solved it by renaming my worksheet (to SummaryBak) and using a
new worksheet I named Summary. This morning, while changing the codename of
Summary, I noticed that, the worksheet SummaryBak was not showing up in the
VBE (in the window that lists the Projects, probably called Projects window.)

I did a little research on the worksheet, for instance, I checked if it had
somehow become protected. Based on the options, it would seem it hasn't.
If I make that worksheet the active worksheet, and type, from the immediate
window, ? activesheet.name, it says SummaryBak. However, if I type ?
worksheet.codename, I get an error: Runtime error 1004, application defined

As far as I know, this isn't causing me any additional problems, but I can't
help wondering if it points to the original problem I was having with not
recalculating. If I weren't such a pack rat, I would have already deleted
this worksheet, as it has been replaced. However, if any one can shed some
light as to what would cause this, I would appreciate a response. Also, if
it is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode, please let me know and I will
delete post haste.

Thanks.
--
Kevin Vaughn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

My guess is that the workbook is bordering on the edge of
corruption. Something is not right in the way it stores or
displays the VBComponents in the project explorer. Whether this
will mushroom into wider corruption is anybody's guess. I would
recreate the workbook in a new workbook. If you don't you might
find yourself unable to open the document at all.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote in
message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

Chip Pearson Wrote:
[...]

It's not worth taking that chance, so I'll do that. Thanks.

--
Kevin Vaughn
Kevin Vaughn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34857