sue

Default how do I set up a total amount automatically in excel

Hi I have a spreadsheet for my small business and would find it very
helpfully when I put eg:sold post amount then I would like total on the next
column to add these to up automatically I know its properly basic but I am
not a computer wiz thanks for your help in advance
Rob van Gelder

Select the numbers which you want to total.

From the Standard toolbar, click the AutoSum icon.
It's icon is the Greek letter Sigma ?

"sue" wrote in message
Hi I have a spreadsheet for my small business and would find it very
helpfully when I put eg:sold post amount then I would like total on the
next
column to add these to up automatically I know its properly basic but I am
not a computer wiz thanks for your help in advance

2rrs

With your data Starting in C2
In D2 enter:
=IF(C2<"",SUM($C$2:C2),"")